Sunday 13 December 2009

THE BEST.

I love (expect this word to be used a lot) everything about film and have my favourites in every section, so here are the few faves that spring to mind in each category (oh, if only it were that simple).

FILMS: The four I love and cherish, would save in a fire, would lay down my life for.

Lost in Translation (2003)
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind (2004)
Donnie Darko (2000)
Lat den ratte komma in (2008)

Yep, whenever asked "What's your favourite film?" I calmly explain that I have four and can't say one without the others. They've usually heard of a couple, maybe seen one, and undoubtedly regret asking.

If I had to add a few more?

There will be blood (2007)
American Beauty (1999)
Trainspotting (1996)
One flew over the cuckoo's nest (1975)
Anchorman (2004)
Fight Club (1999)
Girl, interrupted (1999)
The Shawshank redemption (1994)
Requiem for a dream (2000)
A Night at the Opera (1935)
Being John Malkovich (1999)
Clerks II (2006)
The Hangover (2009)
Legally Blonde (2001)


DIRECTORS: Film school for me 2010; I know & like my directors.

Michel Gondry
Sofia Coppola
Darren Aronofsky
Stanley Kubrick
Danny Boyle
Paul Thomas Anderson
Spike Jonze
David Fincher
Jonathan Demme


ACTORS: Tell me to name 10 actresses I truly love (acting ability-wise), I'll struggle. Tell me to name 30 actors (to the same format) and I'll probably struggle to cut down my list. Top 5?

Daniel Day-Lewis
Kevin Spacey
Jack Nicholson
Sean Penn
Paul Dano

ACTRESSES: I can't list hundreds as I could for their male equivelant, but there are some I absolutely adore.

Kate Winslet
Marion Cottilard
Abby Cornish
Hilary Swank
Reese Witherspoon

(Kate underlined as she's the only one I'm certain can compare to the male actors I listed)
I suppose my problem with actresses are that there are some that seem truly lovely. Friendly, funny, stylish, dedicated, selective in (some of) their roles, full of potential & capability, but don't know just how breath-taking they are

No comments:

Post a Comment